MOAA CATAWBA VALLEY CHAPTER
The Catawba Valley Chapter of the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) was chartered in 1982. It covers a region of North Carolina comprised of six counties: Alexander, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, Iredell and Lincoln. Over the years, the chapter has won four MOAA national 4-Star Levels of Excellence Awards and four 5-Star awards, the most recent was for year 2021.
MOAA, including this affiliated Chapter, is dedicated to maintaining a strong national defense and preserving the earned entitlements of all members of the uniformed services. This local MOAA chapter also engages in sensible philanthropic activity, and it provides support to Junior ROTC units that are cultivating the next generation of military professionals and civilian leaders for our nation.
Robust chapter membership ensures our “One Powerful Voice” is heard on Capitol Hill and in the state General Assembly. Membership is open to those who hold or have ever held a warrant or commission in any component of the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Space Force, Coast Guard, Public Health Service or NOAA, including their spouses.
Obviously, the chapter also fosters camaradiere amongst its officers. General Membership meetings/dinners are held bimonthly at the Lake Hickory Country Club, in Hickory. A reservation slip for those events is always provided on the last page of each chapter newsletter. For navigation purposes, here is Lake Hickory Country Club's address and phone number:
430 17th Avenue NW
Hickory, NC 28601
Becoming a member of the MOAA Catawba Valley Chapter costs nothing initially because the annual $25 chapter dues are waived for the remainder of the calendar year a member joins. Officers may join by printing, completing and mailing in the form located at the “Join Chapter” button of this website. Please join our chapter today!
Note: The Catawba Valley Chapter is an affiliate of the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA). MOAA and its affiliated chapters and councils are nonpartisan; without any political party affiliation, bias, or designation. This website and our chapter newsletter adhere to that policy.
- All material or other information - including links - contained in the Catawba Valley Chapter website is provided as a public service to military servicemembers and their families and the Internet community, in general.
- The contents of this website are subject to periodic and frequent updating.
- Use of website information is strictly voluntary and at the user's sole risk.
- Other resources linked from these pages are maintained by independent providers. The Catawba Valley Chapter does not monitor all links and, therefore, cannot guarantee their accuracy. We do try to ensure that links are active. Users are encouraged to send us an e-mail if error messages and/or broken links are encountered.
- Statements, views and opinions included in an independent provider's material are strictly those of the authors. Those views do not represent the opinions or policies of the MOAA Catawba Valley Chapter, its agents or officers.
- All questions regarding specific content of our website should be directed to the Webmaster. General comments from the public regarding our website are welcome.